13.12.14

Before and After - what Interior Design can do for you

- that is if the interior design is done properly by a professional.
I am aware that many clients would say - 'why I need interior designer when I know what I want' or 'why I need interior designer when I can make it myself. I just want to show you several photos of interiors before and after  a professional has renovated them:
 The master bathroom before the renovation.  Courtesy of: La SHED Architecture - a bathroom done probably by the owner himself like many others we can often see.
Here is what it looks like after the renovation:
In the renovated bathroom, a freestanding bathtub sits beneath a skylight that runs the width of the room. A large mirror hangs above the vanity, which is outfitted with a butcher-block countertop. Black mosaic tiles were used on the floor.  Courtesy of: La SHED Architecture
There can be no comparison, right? I am very glad that I saw today this slideshow in http://www.dwell.com/ with included before and after photos. They show in a wonderful way what in fact is interior designer's job.
And this is the kitchen before and after:
The kitchen as it appeared before the renovation.  Courtesy of: La SHED Architecture
The twin kitchen islands are oriented parallel to the living room. The cabinet fronts are finished in white lacquer, with stainless-steel counters atop ash veneer.  Photo by: Maxime Brouillet
The work is done in fact by an architecture firm - la SHED architecture,  based in Montreal, who made also changes in the overall construction of the house, but we are talking here about the changes in part of the interior for which they have included the before and after photos.
Well, these are examples of  what my colleagues have achieved. I have a few examples of my work here, too.

No comments:

share the inspiration